Monday, April 14, 2014

Catching Up

Welcome, or welcome back, to my own little corner of creation. I’ve been away for awhile, for far too long, but I’m back with a bang. I’ve been writing like crazy and have been writing in a much less formal style. My last few posts have been humorous and I have a few more of those to come; my life is just too surreal, but you can expect more of those stories that tug at your heartstrings, too. I’m also trying to use less commas. I’ve been hiding from the Grammar Gestapo. Now that warmer weather is here (except for the week of my vacation, which starts tomorrow), I’ll be out exploring with my camera, seeking abandonment, beauty and decay. My photography and my writing have really changed over time, so you can expect to see both blogs start filling up.

If you haven’t been here before, take a look around and have a few laughs. There’s all kinds of stuff hidden within these pages. Some of it is pretty decent stuff, according to some of you and I think some of it is pure crap. Having said that, expect to see some major spring cleaning going on, around here. A lot of older posts will be disappearing. All of the stories will be left alone. I’d like to concentrate more on my writing, but all of the other stuff will soon be gone. I have a photo blog and a Facebook page (www.faceboof.com/phatography) for photography, but I still may post the occasional photo or two, here as well.

About those stories… I’ve already posted four new stories, I’m about to post this missive and I have two more stories written and ready to post. Beyond that, I’m in the middle of writing another story and I have started a list of story ideas and that helps me to remember what I’d like to write about. So far, it has helped with my writer’s block, which can sometimes be extreme.

I almost forgot. There’s one last thing, about all of that. I don’t know if you’ve read the story “They Call Me Bae,” but it turns out that there’s more to the Kodilla story than I thought. Did I finally get to see the titties? Stay tuned.

Changes

Turn to face the strange
Ch- ch- changes
~David Bowie

As for me, well, there have been a lot of changes in my life, most for the better and some, for the worse.

Some dreams end so that others may begin. My marriage of fifteen years ended last year. It sucked. Shit happens. Our children have paid the price for it.

What a Long, Strange Trip It’s Been

I moved to Philadelphia, with pit stops in Westampton, NJ and New Hope, PA, along the way. It’s different, living in a city. It’s strange, delightful and sometimes disturbing. I loved the small town life and the people that I met and became close to, over the years that I spent in West Virginia. So many memories were made there, memories that I will always cherish and carry with me, no matter where I go. That stage of my life is over, now, although I do miss the quiet, sometimes.

New things to deal with: increased crime, insane motorists and endless traffic. Crazy, rude people. Waiting inline, higher prices, the crush and the rush, rush, rush.

New things to discover: Philadelphia is the story of the United States; you can’t escape history here and who would want to? Philadelphia has a long, proud history. Also waiting to be discovered are abandoned factories, arsenals, hidden airfields, gold mines, and so much more. The Jersey Shore is always close by and New York City is just a short drive away.

Food Paradise – There is so much great food here, it seems that every ethnicity is represented. The supermarkets are full of all sorts of upscale and international foods. The produce markets are incredible. There is a little Russian market down the street that carries fresh rabbit. Yum! Sorry, Thumper, but you’re just too tasty. China Town has some of the best restaurants that have the most amazing food and the most atrocious service imaginable. I would gladly endure medieval tortures, for those Asian delights. The best Italian food in the country is in this region, the pizza and breads are great. It seems like there are bakeries on every corner and let’s not forget the legendary foods that Philly made famous, cheesesteaks, soft pretzels and wudder ice. I’ve been in Foodie Heaven, since I got here. My biggest complaint is that I can’t seem to find a restaurant that serves Coca~Cola products. Pepsi sucks. Oh, and what’s with this “hoagie” shit? It’s a sub, dude, plain and simple. That’s a horrible name for a sammich.

You’ve Got to Kiss a lot of Frogs

I started dating again, last August and it’s been quite an eye opener, in so many ways, providing quite an insight into the human condition. I’ve met some really wonderful ladies and some really interesting ones. And I mean interesting as in shit’s about to get crazy. This has taken me on quite a number of adventures and misadventures. You’ll be reading about some of those adventures and misadventures in the days and weeks to come.

That’s all for now, so buckle your safety belts, keep your ass inside the vehicle and hold on for your life; it’s going to be quite a ride.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled insanity.

Cheers,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment