Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Beating the Odds


     Another one for the only me file…

So, I’m on my way to work today; it’s a beautiful Spring day. I’ve got the windows halfway down, the moonroof is open, and the stereo is cranked way, way up. We’re talking Spinal Tap loud, right here.

     I’m cruising along, I’ve got my groove on, when an object comes into my peripheral vision, ricochets off my window (it made a very loud “plink”) and this little, piece of shit rock strikes my face, directly under my right eye. WTF? No. Seriously. I don’t know if it’s God, the Devil, Karma, the Universe, Flying Spaghetti Monster, or whatthefuckever. I didn’t do anything to warrant special attention and I’ve been behaving. Pretty much. So… WHAT THE FUCK?`

     Now, I do have to admit that I was lucky, if you can call getting hit in the face with a rock, lucky. If that rock had hit me, just a little bit higher, I’m sure that my right eye would not be in its happy place, right now. Plus, that little zinger sure did hurt like a son of a bitch.

     The odds of something like this happening have to be astronomical. I mean, the truck that kicked up the rock at that angle, the placement of my car, the amount of space that my window was down, blah, blah, blah. Everything had to be just right, or wrong, in order for that rock to hit me. I mean, the odds of that happening to someone would have to be a billion to one,or something like that. The odds of that happening to me? Pretty fucking good, evidently…

No comments:

Post a Comment