Friday, May 8, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

I just happened to be driving by when I saw these.
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Down in Back Creek Valley. Demolished.
Same place as the above picture. 
Demolished.
It's just an explosion of color in the Fall.

Back Creek Valley
We spend a lot of time down at Back Creek.
A lazy day along Back Creek.
We get a lot of ice storms during the winter.
I can't help wondering what that spider was thinking.
Click on any picture to enlarge it.

Like I mentioned, lots of ice storms.
Somewhere on the Shenandoah River
Staring off into eternity.

Take me home country roads


These are all pictures that I took of the area where I live. It's beautiful here in the Shenandoah Valley. There's nowhere else I'd rather be. I'll post more pics as I find the time, and, incidentally, as I find the pics; they're scattered everywhere, and they're much nicer than these. Comments are always appreciated. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful place to live indeed. Didn't know that people from the shortbus get to enjoy the privilege of living in such a beautiful place :P Really enjoying your blog here, so keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do love it here; it's the first place I've ever truly felt was my home.

    Thanks for the comment and the compliment.

    ReplyDelete